Sponsored by KPMG U.S. Foundation, Inc., KPMG LLP University Talent Acquisition and Beta Alpha Psi
It’s Not too Late to Participate in the BAP Annual Meeting Community Service Day (CSD) Project
Thank you to the Chapters that participated in the CSD project for this year’s Annual Meeting, which was sponsored by KPMG U.S. Foundation, Inc., KPMG LLP University Talent Acquisition, and Beta Alpha Psi. To date, 464 volunteers from 61 Chapters have donated 50,878 school supply items to 4,254 children. That is just incredible! Thank you for making a difference in your communities.
Weren’t able to participate in the project? It’s not too late! We understand that given the timing of the event, you might not have been able to accumulate and donate school supplies. If you couldn’t participate over the summer, we would love for you to plan an event now! To count for this year’s Annual Meeting, all events must be completed by January 31, 2022.
For this year’s CSD Project, we are asking each Chapter to help us get school supplies to children in-need in YOUR own communities. We know that due to the Pandemic, not everyone can host in-person activities. Please participate in this project within your comfort level.
What is the process?
1. Identify a Title I school or program in your community where 70% or more of the children they serve are from low-income households (local children’s programs, Boys & Girls Clubs, local United Way, etc.). Need help identifying a program? Reach out to Della Moore at KPMG.
- Contact the school or program to work through the details for your school supply donation (can you donate to the whole school, a few classrooms, adopt one classroom, etc.).
- Having troubles finding a Title I school? We recommend that you take a look at this website. It has a listing of the schools in your area - see screenshot below. Click on Find a School and search by your zip code or city name - or browse by state. When you look at a school, check under School Operational Details. If it says Title I eligible like Adaire Alexander School below, that means the school might qualify for our event. Sometimes this site contains inaccurate information, so we recommend that you contact the school directly. You might also try Boys & Girls Clubs in your area.
2. Get your school supplies – We have a few ideas on how you can obtain school supplies for your recipient. Remember: Consistency is important when donating school supplies. All children should receive the same quantity of each item - Example: If you are donating crayons, all children should receive the same size box of crayons (24 crayons).
- Order school supply kits through our friends at Back to School America
- If you have questions regarding the Kits or need your order expedited, please contact Matthew Kurtzman at 312-848-5551 or email@example.com
- Back to School America has a couple of options for you – Kits are $19 each plus shipping
- Build-a-Kit – where you assemble the kits
- Buy-a-Kit – pre-assembled kits that you can donate
- Please use this link if you would like to order Buy-a-Kit or Build-a-Kit items from Back to School America.
- Order school supply bundles online
- Host a school supply drive in your community or on your campus
- Be specific when you ask for items. See below for an example school supply list (you can work directly with your recipient on their specific school supply needs):
- Box of #2 Pencils
- Box of Crayons - 24 Count
- Package of 3 Glue Sticks
- Fun-Shaped Erasers
- Washable Markers - 8 Count
- Children's Blunt-Nosed Scissors
- Pencil Case
- Wide-Ruled Spiral Bound Notebook
- 3-Ring Notebook
- Box of Colored Pencils - 24 Count
3. Deliver donation to school/program
- Need a fun way to deliver your school supplies? We have a limited quantity of sling bags available to participating Chapters. No cost for bags or shipping! Each Chapter can order a maximum of 30 bags. Sling bags are available on a first come first served basis. When they are gone, they’re gone, so order yours today!
- Work with your recipient to schedule a date and time for your delivery.
4. Report details of your event back to us by January 31, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. ET!
- Please complete this Survey to let us know what you’ve done. Keep track of how many school supplies you donate. We will need quantity of each item (pencils, erasers, glue sticks, etc.).
- Please have one representative from your Chapter respond to the questions in the survey.
- Take pictures and share on Social Media #BAPGivingBack and #BAPAnnual. Share your pictures with us in the survey above!
5. Your chapter may record one Reaching Out Activity for participating in the Community Service Day project for the annual meeting.
Thank you for all you do!
If you have any questions regarding the CSD Project, please contact Della Moore.