John has over 20 years of professional consulting experience and has significant experience assisting clients with finance and reporting related process change initiatives. Specifically, John has deep financial reporting process improvement and accounting information system expertise. He helps finance teams to build repeatable and sustainable processes to report better, smarter and faster.
Professional and Industry Experience
- Assisted a Fortune 50 Life Insurance Company with an end-to-end re-engineering project -- including cost benefit analysis, identification of quick hits, and technology enablement -- for it’s Group Benefits operation. Results included the “tiering” of group customer segments, selection of new admin systems to support each segment and redesign of case management processes.
- Assisted a large Global Life Insurance Company with the design and implementation of an Accelerated Quarterly Close and the transition to a Monthly Reporting Cycle – this multi-year project developed processes and procedures to support a more standardized, controlled and accelerated closing process across all lines of business.
- Lead the PMO for the Finance function to assist a Global Insurer in the Financial Reporting work stream with the full project lifecycle, from planning to execution to monitoring related to a global effort to on-shore U.S variable annuity business to a non- New York statutory entity, recapture existing reinsurance of variable annuity business currently residing offshore and merge three domestic insurance entities and re-domicile within Delaware.
- Led an IFRS Gap Analysis/Readiness project for a Top 5 US Bank. Focus of this assessment included the evaluation of financial statement impacts as well as a review of people, process and technology related implications.
- Assisted a Global Reinsurance Company with the implementation of FAS 157 and the evaluation of FAS 159. The also included the development and implementation of disclosure related processes and procedures.
- Assisted a large Global Insurance Company with the redesign of processes and procedures to support the purchase, sale and accounting for foreign denominated securities.
- Assisted a large Global Insurance Company with the development of the Global Financial Reporting Strategy and the roadmap for globally integrated reporting systems.
- Assisted a top tier Global P&C Insurance Company with the acceleration of reinsurance portion of the quarterly close process. This included process and data quality related improvements to accelerate and automate period end analysis.