February 21-22, 2020
Theme: Honor the Past and Embrace the Future
Welcome to the Southeast Regional Beta Alpha Psi meeting for 2020! The host chapters Western Kentucky University and The University of Alabama are excited to gather in the home of the Kentucky Derby, Louisville, KY for this year’s meeting! We invite you to optimize your Beta Alpha Psi experience with intriguing professional workshops, presentations, and networking opportunities with like-minded students and professionals. We cannot wait to see you all in February!
The Best Practices competition sponsored by Deloitte is an excellent way to display and develop your professional skills. The deadline to submit these abstracts is Friday, January 24, 2020 by 4 PM CST.
For chapters who wish to present in Chapter Operations: Chapter Operations Abstract Form. The due date is Friday, January 17, 2020.
Chapter Operations Topics:
- Technology - how are you using technology in your chapter?
- Innovation - what are you doing new or different in your chapter?
- Service - how are you serving your community?
- Wild card - what do you want to share about your chapter?
We look forward to seeing you there!
DATES & REGISTRATION
Friday, February 21 - Saturday, February 22, 2020
|| Early Bird Registration Rate until Thursday, January 23, 2020
|| Regular Registration Rate from Friday, January 24 - Thursday, February 6, 2020
|| Late Registration Rate after February 7 / Onsite Registration Rate
Cancellation policy: Cancellations made prior to February 6, 2020, will be refunded. Cancellations received after this date and no-shows will not be refunded. If you encounter an emergency, please contact Keri Cross and the request will be forwarded to the Executive Director for refund approval.
Friday, February 21
| 11:00am - 5:00pm|| Registration Desk Open|
| 1:00pm - 1:30pm|| Opening Session|
| 1:30pm - 2:15pm|| Plenary Session|
| 2:15pm - 2:30pm || Refreshment Break|
| 2:30pm - 3:30pm|| Leadership Activity|
| 2:30pm - 3:30pm|| Faculty Advisor Round Table|
| 3:40pm - 4:40pm|| Professional Sessions/Alumni Sessions|
| 4:45pm - 5:45pm|| Professional Sessions/Alumni Sessions|
| 6:00pm|| Friday night on your own|
Saturday, February 22
| 7:30am - 8:30am|| Attendee Breakfast|
| 7:30am - 8:30am|| Breakfast for Chapter Presidents, Faculty Advisors, Chapter Advocate, BAP Board, Professional Partners|
| 7:30am - 2:00pm|| Registration Desk Open|
| 8:30am - 10:30am|| Best Practices Presentations|
| 10:30am - 11:00am|| Refreshment Break|
| 11:00am - 12:00pm|| Chapter Operations Presentations|
| 12:00pm - 1:30pm|| Attendee Lunch and Closing Session|
| 1:30pm|| Conference Adjourns|
| 1:30pm - 1:45pm|| Professional Partners to Provide Feedback to Best Practice Winners|
HOTEL & TRANSPORTATION
Meeting Hotel and Accomodations:
Omni Louisville Hotel
400 S 2nd St
Louisville, KY 40202
Double/King Standard- $175.00 single/double/triple/quad (Plus applicable tax)
Reservations: Click here
**To receive the group rate, please indicate that you are part of the 2020 Beta Alpha Psi Southeast Regional Meeting. The hotel cut-off is January 23, 2020.
Omni Louisville Hotel Website
The current overnight rate for parking is $32 plus tax per vehicle, per night.
ATTENDING PROFESSIONAL PARTNERS
| Fifth Third Bank
|| Nick Milazzo, Past Professional Partner Chair, Co-liaison
|| Paige Sacks, Co-liaison
| Association of Government Accountants (AGA)
|| Cherry Ung and Bobby Derrick
| Deloitte LLP
|| Jeremy Carrine
| Gleim Exam Prep
|| Valerie Wendt
| The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
|| Nicole Huie
| Robert Half
|| George Atiee
| Roger CPA UWorld
|| Toni Williams
NEW SERVICE ACTIVITY
It is believed that cranes symbolize happiness, eternal youth and good fortune. This year, we are inviting every BAP student to fold an origami paper crane, and include a message of encouragement. Paper cranes from every region will be collected and distributed to younger students during the BAP International Day of Literacy at the 2020 Annual Meeting.
OPTIONAL FRIDAY NIGHT ACTIVITIES
Private Reception at the Ali Center in downtown Louisville
- What: A private reception and tour of the Ali Center. Dinner will be provided and the opportunity to network with other students and professionals should not be missed!
- When: Friday, February 21, 2020 from 6:30pm - 8:00pm. Transportation will not be provided, however, the Ali Center is 3/4 of a mile from the hotel.
- Where: The Ali Center is located on 144 N. Sixth Street, Louisville, KY 40202. The facility seeks to “inspire young adults to pursue greatness in their own lives, communities, and countries” and a visit is a great opportunity to look into the heart of a champion. Exhibits will be open during our event. You can check them out here.
- Format: The facility will be reserved for Beta Alpha Psi and exhibits will be open. Food and beverages will be provided in the center.
- Professional Hours: Each Beta Alpha Psi member attending will receive 1 professional hour for chapter reporting purposes.
- Cost: The cost is $15 per person attending and may be paid on CVENT during registration. This fee includes admission to the Ali Center, food, and beverages. The event is being sponsored by the Beta Alpha Psi chapters at the University of Alabama and Western Kentucky University.
For other area attractions, please click here.