Jaclyn T. Badeau, CPA, CGMA, MBA
Jaclyn has worked at Tempur Sealy International, Inc. in Lexington, KY for 8.5 years in a variety of roles; currently, she is the Director of the Global Internal Audit department leading the team in SOX, Compliance, Assurance, and Advisory work across the world. Before joining Tempur Sealy, Jaclyn worked in public accounting for over 6 years serving as an Audit Manager focused on the firm’s audit training, career counseling to various staff, and assisting clients with business enhancement projects across 5 industries.
Building on her love of mentorship, cultivation of high performing teams, and deep understanding of business development needs, Jaclyn obtained her Development Dimensions International (DDI) Facilitator Certification. DDI prepares current and future leaders for challenges of complex, ever changing business environments through various learning and development courses and application. Leadership training participants have commented that Jaclyn “brought practices to reality by injecting real world business scenarios into the classroom” and reflected they “can tell she truly cares about our development.” Jaclyn loves watching people grow in their careers and has had a front row seat to many of her mentees development into Controllers, Directors, Senior Managers, and Leaders within various companies.
Jaclyn is passionate about sharing her expertise and knowledge within and outside of the CPA profession. Her leadership engagements include (current and previous):
- Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants (KYCPA) Educational Foundation President of the Board of Directors
- KYCPA Board of Directors
- KYCPA Accounting and Career Opportunities, Women’s Initiative, and Emerging Professionals committees
- 2007 KYCPA Leadership Academy class (One of 25 selected participants)
- Member of the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA)
- AICPA’s prestigious 2013 Leadership Academy training program (One of a select group of 37 CPA under age 36; the only participant from KY)
- AICPA Passing Score Panel
- Central Kentucky Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors Board of Director
- Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics Member
- Girl Scouts of Kentucky’s Wilderness Road Council Treasurer of the Board of Directors and various committees
- Living Arts and Science Center President of the Board of Directors and various committees
Jaclyn holds a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting from Eastern Kentucky University (EKU) and a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from Morehead State University. She is also a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) and received 2 awards of excellence from the KYCPA for receiving the highest grade on the FAR and AUD sections of the CPA exam during that exam period. Jaclyn was awarded the 2016 Distinguished Alumni honor from EKU.
Jaclyn resides in Richmond, KY with her husband, Justin, and their lab, Midnite.