Executive Graduate Honor (EGH)
For more than 100 years, Beta Alpha Psi, through its global chapter network and outstanding professional partners, has recognized the outstanding academic achievements of students in Accounting, Finance and Business Analytics / Digital Technology. Each year we deliver on our commitment to assist its members and alumni in advancing career pursuits, developing as professionals, and in becoming responsible members of our community.
The needs of graduate students may be somewhat different from undergraduates. But recognizing your academic achievement at this next level is no less important. Assisting you in your professional development is an opportunity you have earned!
The Beta Alpha Psi Executive Graduate Honor (EGH) is your opportunity to stand out among your peers. Selectively offered by invitation-only by just under 300 of the top AACSB accredited graduate business schools in the U.S., this recognition means excellence and will carry with you for the rest of your career.
Let us take a moment to explain in more detail the merits of this exclusive program for qualified graduate students, university, and BAP chapter.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THE EXECUTIVE GRADUATE HONOR?
Offered exclusively by the top AACSB accredited graduate business programs in the United States, qualifying begins by achieving a GPA of at least a 3.5 after completing 15 credits of course work. An invitation to apply online directly to the BAP Executive Office will be extended to the applicant by the university. The application process will verify academic qualifications and seek evidence to support shared values and commitments through demonstrated professional work experience and community service.
Applications will be accepted beginning in January 2021. If you graduated from a Masters Program in December 2020 and meet the requirements, please apply before March 1st, 2021.
HOW MUCH DOES THE EXECUTIVE GRADUATE HONOR COST?
When the application is approved, a one-time fee of $125 will be charged. There are no other annual fees to maintain alumni membership or to participate in professional partner opportunities after graduation.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO APPLYING FOR AND RECEIVING THE EXECUTIVE GRADUATE HONOR?
Beta Alpha Psi is a highly recognized brand in the Financial Information profession that will distinguish your academic graduate-level experience this year, next year and in the years to come.
Recipients of the Executive Graduate Honor will receive a specially designed EGH certificate, pin and LinkedIn Digital Badge that specifically recognizes you for this outstanding graduate-level accomplishment.
Beta Alpha Psi and its building Professional Partner network may be of great assistance as you:
Search and consider post graduate career opportunities
Seek to develop new skills, earn professional certifications and join professional organizations
Network with Beta Alpha Psi’s Alumni & Member Network to build your own personal“board of directors” that can also assist you in discovering that 2nd and 3rd job in the years ahead.
WHAT IF I ALREADY EARNED MEMBERSHIP INTO A CHAPTER OF BETA ALPHA PSI DURING UNDERGRAD?
Congratulations! We celebrate with you this outstanding undergraduate academic achievement. And since you already have an understanding of its value, we encourage you to celebrate your graduate level achievement with the Executive Graduate Honor. We would not want you to miss out on any of the graduate-level professional programming that comes with this special honor. Remember, our mission is not just to be there for you now but also in the years ahead.
Exclusive to BAP Executive Graduate Honor recipients - Upcoming free, live virtual events for Spring 2021:
- February 25, 2021 at 2:00 PM EST - Alumni Panel Presentation and Discussion: Career planning - Navigating personal and professional priorities on the path to living your best life.
- Description: Career trajectories are not always a straight line from point A to point B. Oftentimes careers will have dotted lines, curves and sometimes right-hand turns. In this discussion, past BAP alumni representatives share their personal & professional journeys and provide guidance on the tools they used to set priorities & overcome uncertainty.
- Panelists - Past Beta Alpha Psi International Alumni Representatives:
- Speaker information can be found here. (PDF)
- Emelissa Baluyot, Principal Sustainability Science & Innovation - WW Sustainability at Amazon
- Alexander Johnson, Legal Intern at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Harvard Law School
- Andy Kaestle, Case Team Leaders at Bain & Company
- March 9, 2021 8-9PM EST - Not Stocks And Not Bonds: An Introduction and Current Overview of Opportunities In The Alternative Investment Industry.
- Description: Alternative Investments cover a wide bandwidth from commodities to art. And this industry is experiencing significant change and presenting new opportunities for financial professionals. Understanding technology, big data, AI and being able to analyze and communicate with investors, regulators and the media are critical skills for students to develop in the early stages of their career.
- Presenter: Aaron Filbeck, CFA, CAIA, CPM, FDP, Director of Global Content Development, CAIA Association
- March 23, 2021 7PM EST - “Ride or Die”: The Evolution of Disruptive Technologies and Impact on Financial Professionals
- Description: The evolution of machine learning, artificial intelligence and the rise of Fintech is accelerating and has the potential for profound impact on the banking and financial services industry. Students interested in pursuing careers in financial services need to be aware of this trend and learn what is important to survive and thrive in the world ahead.
- Presenter: Mr. Richard Roche, Managing Director, Little Harbor Advisors, LLC
Once details are finalized, an email invitation will go out to all EGH recipients. Stay tuned!