2024 Mid-Year Meeting | Atlanta, GA
February 9-10, 2024
Embracing Innovation. Empowering Professionals.
Welcome attendees to Beta Alpha Psi's mid-year meeting in Atlanta, GA, proudly hosted by the Alpha Lambda chapter at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville and the Nu Gamma chapter at the University of North Georgia. These two dynamic chapters are working diligently to create a memorable and enriching experience for all participants. As you gather in this vibrant city, you'll have the opportunity to explore Atlanta's rich cultural heritage, with its world-class museums, diverse culinary scene, and thriving arts community, making it a uniquely great backdrop for this event.
University of Tennessee at Knoxville, Alpha Lambda
University of North Georgia, Nu Gamma
Host Chapter Sponsor
Coffee Break Sponsors
Etiquette Lunch Sponsor
The Best Practices Competition sponsored by Deloitte is an excellent way to display and develop your professional skills. The deadline to submit these abstracts was Sunday, December 3, 2023, 11:59 PM ET.
For chapters who wish to present in Chapter Operations, please complete the Chapter Operations Abstract Form. The due date for submissions is Friday, January 12, 2024 by 11:59PM ET.
Chapter Operations Topics
- Attracting Candidates & Associate Candidate Programs
- Supporting the Pipeline: Reaching out to High School and Community Colleges
- Engaging Professional Development Activities for Member Retention
- Fun and Impactful Service Activities
- Chapter Reporting Success
DATES & REGISTRATION
Meeting locations are expected to sell out, so please register early.
|$140 ||Early Bird Registration Rate until January 10, 2024|
|$175 ||Regular Registration Rate until January 26, 2024|
|$200 ||Late Registration Rate after January 26, 2024 / Onsite Registration Rate |
To request a refund, please contact the Executive Office. Requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
All times are local.
|1:30pm-2:15pm||Plenary Keynote |
|2:30pm-3:30pm||Faculty Advisor Roundtable |
|3:30pm-3:40pm||Transition between sessions|
|3:40pm-4:40pm||Professional Sessions/and or Alumni Session|
|4:45pm-5:45pm||Professional Sessions/and or Alumni Session|
|7:30am-8:30am||Breakfast for Faculty Advisors, Chapter Presidents, Chapter Advocates, Board Members and BAP Professional Partners |
|8:30am-10:30am||Best Practices (3 rooms)|
|11:00am-12:00pm||Chapter Operations (3-4 rooms available)|
HOTEL & TRANSPORTATION
Meeting Hotel and Accomodations
255 Courtland St NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
Double/King Standard: $189 single/double (+15.0% tax + $5 per room)
Reservations Phone: (404) 659-2000
To make reservations online, please click here.
Hotel Cutoff Date: January 11, 2024
*To receive the group rate, please indicate that you are part of the 2024 Beta Alpha Psi Mid-year Meeting.
Self-parking: $30.00 per day ($5 off regular rate)
Distance from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport is 11 miles, approximately 30 minutes. Estimated cab/Uber fare is $35-45.
For driving instructions and location and transportation information, please click here.
ATTENDING PROFESSIONAL PARTNERS
Learn more about the Professional Partners who will be attending this meeting here.
|Michael Brown, Co-Liason||Becker Professional Education|
|Sarah Jordan, Co-Liason||Protiviti|
|Jerilyn Dressler||Your Part-Time Controller, LLC (YPTC)|
|Caroline Hale||Alabama Society of CPAs|
|Gus Hernandez||Grant Thorton|
|Dalton Lewis||Your Part-Time Controller, LLC (YPTC)|
|Leanne Lutkus||Moss Adams|
|Blane Ruschak||The PhD Project|
|Jodi Ryan||Institute of Management Accountants|
|Ted Thomas||Grant Thorton|
|Sarah Turcotte||BDO USA, LLP|
|Valerie Wendt||Gleim Exam Prep|
Danielle Brannock, CPA, CSPO
Manager of Internal Audit Data Analytics at Intuitive Surgical
Danielle is the leader of the Internal Audit Data Analytics department at Intuitive Surgical and specializes in continuous monitoring, fraud analytics, and process improvement through Analytic Process Automation. Danielle started her career in external audit analytics at PwC and then EY, then moved to internal audit analytics at large companies in the Atlanta metro such as WestRock and Invesco. Danielle is a co-author of John Wiley & Son’s first edition Accounting Information Systems: Connecting Careers, Systems, and Analytics.
Danielle was named the 2020 Young Accounting Alum of the Year and 2015 Outstanding Accounting Undergraduate Student at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) and was the recipient of the 2015 Alabama Society of CPA’s Accounting Achievement Award. Danielle is a past board member of the Beta Alpha Psi international organization and served as an officer of the Delta Chi chapter at UAB.
With a continued passion for involvement in the accounting academic community, Danielle is a frequent guest speaker at American Accounting Association conferences and currently serves on the Accounting Advisory Board for the University of North Georgia. Danielle has a BS in accounting, an AAS in paralegal research, and is completing an MIS in computer science part-time while working, writing books, freelancing, and managing a household of humans and pets. Danielle’s career focus is to simply “Find a better way”.
Email | LinkedIn
Warmth for All with the
YMCA of Metro Atlanta:
Mid-Year Meeting Donation Campaign
Join us in making a difference at the Beta Alpha Psi 2024 Mid-Year Meeting in Atlanta. We're excited to announce a special volunteer service activity in partnership with the YMCA of Metro Atlanta, and we need your help to bring warmth and comfort to those in need.
At this year's meeting, we are rallying together to collect essential items that will make a real impact to the local community. We kindly ask each attendee to bring NEW quality items, such as socks for men, women, and children, cozy blankets, hats and gloves, and disposable diapers. Other items to be considered for donation can be found here.
Your small gesture can make a huge difference in the lives of others. By donating these much-needed items, you will contribute to the well-being of those served by the YMCA of Metro Atlanta, an organization committed to fostering a better, more inclusive community.
Let's come together to bring hope and comfort to those who need it most. Thank you for your support, and we look forward to seeing you in Atlanta!
OPTIONAL FRIDAY NIGHT/LOCAL ACTIVITIES
Essential Atlanta Attractions
- Georgia Aquarium This is one of the world's largest and most popular aquariums, featuring a wide range of marine life and interactive exhibits.
- Centennial Olympic Park: Centennial Olympic Park This beautiful park was built for the 1996 Summer Olympics and offers a peaceful retreat in the heart of downtown Atlanta. It often hosts events and has fountains and green spaces.
- World of Coca-Cola: World of Coca-Cola Visitors can explore the history of Coca-Cola, sample different beverages, and enjoy interactive exhibits related to this iconic brand.
- Porche Experience "On the Track" Experience an adventurous ride with the outstanding performance of a Porche!
- Fox Theater: Step into a world of enchantment and entertainment at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, where history, elegance, and world-class performances await you.
- CNN Studio Tours: CNN Studio Tours Visitors can take guided tours of the CNN studios and get an inside look at how news is produced.
- Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site This site includes important landmarks related to the civil rights movement, such as Dr. King's birth home, Ebenezer Baptist Church, and the King Center.
- Zoo Atlanta: Experience the wonder of wildlife at Zoo Atlanta, where adventure, education, and conservation come together in one exciting destination.
- Paranoia Quest Escape the Room Embark on a thrilling adventure of wit and teamwork at Paranoia Quest Escape the Room in Atlanta and unlock your way to victory!
- Other Top Attractions in Atlanta
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
COVID 19 ASSUMPTION OF RISK - I acknowledge that COVID-19 continues to be extremely contagious, typically spreading mainly through close contact from person to person, and that people who are infected, but do not show symptoms, can also spread the virus to others. I also understand that my participation in any in-person event or activity, including those sponsored by Beta Alpha Psi, may expose me to and increase my risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19. By attending an in-person event or conference sponsored, organized, hosted or offered by Beta Alpha Psi, I hereby choose to accept the risk of contracting COVID-19, and I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks and hazards for myself and my guests and accept the risk of being exposed to, contracting or spreading COVID-19 in order to attend.