Beta Alpha Psi Lifetime Member - Digital Badge
As a member of Beta Alpha Psi, we are recognizing everything you have achieved with a digital badge that can be displayed on your social media pages to show future employers and colleagues in your network that you were a part of Beta Alpha Psi.
What is a digital/open badge?
- Open badges are web-enabled versions of a credential, certification or learning outcome which can be verified in real-time, online.
How does my certification get displayed as a badge?
- Beta Alpa Psi has partnered with Credly to translate the learning outcomes you’ve demonstrated into a badge, issued and managed through the company’s Acclaim Platform. The technology Credly uses on its Acclaim Platform is based on the Open Badge Standards maintained by IMS Global. This enables you to manage, share and verify your competencies digitally.
What are the benefits of a badge?
- Representing your skills as a badge gives you a way to share your abilities online in a way that is simple, trusted and can be easily verified in real time. Badges provide employers and peers concrete evidence of what you had to do to earn your credential and what you’re now capable of. Credly’s Acclaim Platform also offers labor market insights, based on your skills. You can search and apply for job opportunities right through the Acclaim Platform.
Who is Credly?
- Credly is the end-to-end solution for issuing and managing digital credentials. Credly works with credible organizations to provide digital credentials to individuals, worldwide.
How will I know if I've earned a badge?
- You will receive an email notification from the Acclaim Platform (firstname.lastname@example.org) with instructions for claiming your badge and setting up your account.
What if I don't want my badge to be public?
- You can easily configure your privacy settings in the Acclaim Platform. You’re in complete control of the information about yourself that is made public.
Is there a fee to use Credly's Acclaim Platform?
- No. This is a service we provide to you, at no cost.
Is there a charge for a BAP Lifetime Membership Badge?
- For all members initiated past September 2018, no. For all members initiated prior to September 2018, there is a fee of $15.
What's to keep someone else from copying my badge and using it?
- While badges are simply digital image files, they are uniquely linked to data hosted on Credly’s Acclaim Platform. This link to verified data makes them more reliable and secure than a paper-based certificate. It also eliminates the possibility of anyone claiming your credential and your associated identity.
Where and how can I share my badge through Credly’s Acclaim Platform?
- You can share your badge directly from the Acclaim Platform to LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook; over email; embedded in a website or in your email signature.
What are labor market insights and how can I access them through Credly’s Acclaim Platform?
- Labor market insights are pulled from live job requisitions. Based on your skills you can learn which employers are hiring, what job titles you might be qualified for, salary ranges and more. Search active job listings and even apply for them with just a few clicks through the Acclaim Platform. Access the labor market insights from your badge details page by clicking on Related Jobs, or by clicking on the skill tags assigned to your badge.
Can I export badges issued through Credly’s Acclaim Platform to other badge-storing platforms?
- Yes, you can download your badge from the Share Badge page. Your downloaded badge contains Open Badge Infrastructure (OBI) compliant metadata embedded into the image. This allows you to store your badge on other OBI-compliant badge sites, such as the Mozilla backpack.
Can I import badges issued from other platforms into Credly’s Acclaim Platform?
I have a question about the Acclaim Platform. Where can I find support?
How do I share my digital badge?
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.