AFWA Finance and Accounting Scholarships
Through stewardship, The Foundation promotes and advances women in accounting and finance by cultivating relationships, securing contributions, and providing scholarships for education and career development. We believe that to decrease barriers for women in the accounting and financial profession, education and access to career development resources are essential. The Foundation aims to ensure women will have the tools and resources to achieve every career success they desire.
Learn more and apply here.
Finance and Accounting Scholarships
- Undergraduate Scholarships – Download Application – To support the costs of attending 3rd, 4th, or 5th year when pursuing an accounting or finance degree.
- Master’s Scholarships – Download Application – For those attending an accredited College or University enrolled in a master’s program, and is pursuing an accounting or finance degree.
All applications will be due by April 1, 2023.
Each year a few outstanding scholars are selected from our Undergraduate and Masters scholarship applicants to receive the prestigious Paula Zanni Award.
Although membership in AFWA is not required, an endorsement by a member or Chapter of AFWA may increase chances of earning a scholarship. Download Endorsement Form
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION!
AFWA Member Scholarships
- Certification Review Course Scholarships – Download Application To provide registration certification review courses offered by AFWA’s partners Wiley and Surgent. Available review courses include: Wiley CPA, CMA, CIA, CFP, PMP Review Courses.
- Certification – Download Application To support the exam fees of AFWA members for any one of the following certifications: CPA, CFP, CFE, CIA, CMA, or CVA; candidates are those who have recently passed all parts of the exam.
- Mary Feeney Bonawitz PhD Scholarship – Download Application To cover the cost of research for a student seeking a PhD degree in accounting.
- Disaster Relief Dues Reimbursement – Download Application To assist dedicated AFWA Members with the expense of National and Chapter Membership Dues who have experienced personal hardship due to a Natural Disaster in their home town (ex. hurricanes, wild fires, tornadoes).
- National Dues Reimbursement for Unemployed Members – Download Application To assist dedicated AFWA Members with the expense of National Membership Dues who are unemployed at the time of their membership renewal.
Applicants must have been a member of AFWA for a minimum of five consecutive years and actively involved with either local or national leadership